Weekends are way too short, especially when weekends these days are only one day long. Six day work weeks suck, for the lack of a better word. The one day I do have off is spent hurrying about trying to get some exercise with a quick hike, meal planning, grocery shopping and cleaning. I miss my days off. I miss waking up at a reasonable hour, no earlier than 8 am. I miss taking my time in the mornings enjoying my cup of coffee, while browsing the interweb and nibbling on something chocolaty. Since these leisurely days are lacking, so is the availability of said treats.
This was easily taken care of by these double chocolate Skor cookies.
There were so chocolaty and soft, yet gooey from the toffee bits. Best of all, they are so quick and easy to whip up, even I have no excuse not to make them. They certainly make my one day weekends much better.
Have a great week, everyone!
Recipe (adapted from VietmOOn):
- 1 box of Devil’s Food Cake mix (I used a 432g box of chocolate fudge mix)
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of skor bits (you can add more or less according to your own preference)
- Combine cake mix (sifted), eggs and oil and mix until batter is smooth. I used a hand mixer, but be careful because the dough is pretty thick so you might want to start with a hand mixer then mix it manually.
- Add in chocolate chips and Skor bits and mix with a spatula.
- Wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate it for 15 minutes.
- Scoop and roll it into 1 teaspoon or 1 tablespoon sized balls.
- Bake it in the oven on 350 degrees F. for about 8 minutes, or until it is ready.
Notes and Tips:
Rinse hands briefly with cold water and dry before rolling dough to prevent sticking to hands. I made 2 tsp sized balls and baked for 10 min. Grease the baking sheet lightly with oil to prevent the cookies from sticking. Cool on wire racks after done baking. I ended up with 41 cookies.